Latinos comprise the largest ethnic group in the largest state of the union. Today, nearly 40 percent of all California residents are of Latino origin – a number that will only grow over the coming decades.
Chief Operating Officer
Latino Economic Institute
The California Latino Economic Institute was founded with the goal of addressing the economic disparities plaguing California’s largest demographic, who are precariously straddling the line between a growing underclass of poverty and a declining middle class. This organization will focus on providing Latino policy makers and community leaders with research that will have the greatest policy impact in the near term.
Final Filing Date: Open until November 23rd, 2018.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for planning, organizing and directing all operations of the California Latino Economic Institute (CLEI) including oversite for consultants; recruitment of new sponsors; reporting to and managing of Board relationships.
• Work with board to identify, develop and implement short/long-term strategic goals and objectives.
• Develop and implement fundraising strategy by utilizing sponsorships, programs and services to increase revenue.
• Develop and implement comprehensive research communications strategy to engage and influence policy makers, community leaders and stakeholders towards policy development.
• In coordination with Board of Directors represent and act as spokesperson to stakeholder groups, including media, sponsors, and local/state/national groups and organizations, etc.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the CLEI Board of Directors.
Requirements include but are not limited to:
• Possess proven non-profit operation management and fundraising experience
• Demonstrate strong leadership skills by applying good judgment, diplomacy, and integrity in day-to-day business
• Ability operate effectively in business, political, community, state, national and international venues
• Display excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Full time position located in Sacramento CA
• Strong Fundraising and Operation Management skills
• Ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills with a variety of stakeholders
• Experience developing and implementing effective communication strategy using multiple channels.
• Bilingual and biliterate in Spanish and English
• Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred emphasis in management, business administration, public policy or related field.
How to apply:
Send resume and cover letter with your salary history for the past three years along with three professional references to:
- The California Latino Economic Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job Description available upon request.